Projects in this category empower students and staff to transform school
communities into places everyone feels they belong.
- Helping to create a school culture where all students and staff feel a sense
of connection to one another and personal responsibility for the
- Addressing challenges related to apathy, lack of school spirit
- Demonstrating the benefits of including “outsiders” and addressing
barriers to authentic inclusion.
- Create positive attitudes based on a new understanding of ourselves and
- Learn about normal human behavior’s that can act as a barrier to
deciding to help others.
- Develop skills to intervene in positive ways.
- Learn skills to make taking another’s perspective second nature
- Build the ability to reflect upon their own experience and relate this to
- Develop the capacity for empathy and positive actions.